Thursday, January 14, 2010

Michael Anderson

I chose to blog about Michael Anderson, who is mainly a landscape photographer, but does include models in some shots; I know the assignment was for a winter photographer but I saw a photo he took and had to use him in this blog. He includes winter photos in his collections, which after searching for winter photos led me to his website. He takes awe-inspiring photos and has won several awards. He seems to have a great eye for great photo ops.

What I also found interesting about him is that he is not professionally trained. He just loved to travel and would take pictures of the things that moved him and ended up being able to make a career of it.

He has traveled the world taking his camera along for the ride. His website is www.michaelandersongallery.com.

Here is a link to the photo that inspired me:

http://media.smashingmagazine.com/cdn_smash/images/winter-wonderland/ma2.jpg

What I love are all of the elements it encompasses. The warmth and cold, the jagged peaks with the soft round ice circles, the light of the sun and the dark of the shadows. Their is great contrast that complements and completes the experience of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment